Author Topic: siddhabodhaka vaakyaani aprayojanaani, kaaryabodhaa vaakyaanii eva saprayojanaan  (Read 401 times)

Dr. Sadananda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
siddhabodhaka vaakyaani aprayojanaani, kaaryabodhaa vaakyaanii eva saprayojanaani 

In support of their arguments puurvapakshii-s show that many Vedantic scholars are direct proof for their assertion. They argue that even after any amount of Vedantic teaching, the student still asks in the end, what should I do here after? Why they want to do something? They ask - give me a practical recipe so that I can practice or do. Give me a mantra so that I can do japam. Now that I know I am Brahman, what should I do now? Enough of this intellectual analysis and studies of Brahmasutra-s etc will not help. It is just a waste of time. What we need to do is we need to sit down and meditate or contemplate. Every student asks for doing something since he feels that he has not benefited much out of just the study of Vedanta. This is only because by action only something can be achieved and not just by knowledge. If the students got benefit from knowledge as Vedantins claim then why should they want to do something. Hence we cannot but conclude that siddhabodhaka vaakyaani aprayojanaani, kaaryabodhaa vaakyaanii eva saprayojanaani. Both Praabhakara and Bhatta matams agree with these assertions.